Saturday, April 5, 2008

How odd is it to get tagged on your own blog?

The Rules: Post the rules on your blog. Link to the person who tagged you. Share 6 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Tag 6 random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1... I play with my food. Always have and prolly always will. Have you ever had a Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookie? I eat the outside ridges first, then nibble all the cookie away from around the motif, then eat bits of the motif down to the final solid inner shape. Oreos? Screw off one side from two separate cookies. Eat the bare sides. Smush together the other two sides with cream for a make-it-yourself double stuff. Sure you could buy double stuff in the store... but where's the fun in that?

2... My feet are not ticklish. As a youngster my brother, next oldest sister and I would gang up on each other and tickle feet mercilessly. As a result mine are no longer susceptible to tickling. Let's not discuss my sides or armpits though... I said no! get away!!! AAAAAHHHHHHhahahahaha...

3... I love Nick for Kids morning shows. Cartoons for three year olds... just my speed. I'd watch some every day if I could. Except that...

4... I don't have TV. By choice. We don't get reception so we'd have to buy a satellite or cable package. But when you consider the bucket loads of crap that comes along with the minimal dollop of good stuff, and the mind suck that being drugged into watching all that crap is... cable isn't worth the money.

5... I'm a packrat. I could dress it up by calling it collecting... but it's still packratting. The bad news... I married a packrat. The bulk of our "collections" is mind numbing to contemplate. And yet... there's so much cool stuff too! I've set myself the task of sorting out the cool from the dregs bit by bit. It's hard, but I don't want to end up the old lady who gets smothered, not by her piles of decades old newspapers, but by the stacks of old cameras, and cat figurines, and antique books, and costume jewelry, and juice glasses, and textiles, and vintage hats and shoes, and on and on and on...
Clearly I must get rid of the cat figurines.

6... It took me until I was in my mid forties to get married for the first time, a year and a half ago. And we met... in a quilt museum. He had just moved to the area (his Mom quilted) and I just happened to be docenting that Saturday afternoon.
I'm so glad I was at the right place at the right time. And he was worth the wait. Totally.

Okay.
But I think I'm not going to tag another 6 people... One tag-out per blog seems to be sufficient. Thanks for doing the hard part Caroline!

1 comment:

Toni said...

I love it when I meet people who don't watch TV!!! We have one, and I watch a movie for a few minutes every night to help me fall asleep, but the last time our antennae was hooked up was February 2007--we were having an Academy Awards party and decided we really should probably have the Academy Awards ON. I can't believe the amount of TV my friends watch & they discuss the shows and the people on them. There is so much more to life than watching TV!!! :)