Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quick again and it's Caroline's fault...

by Kathleen

This is a very quick post, but I wanted to share this (click for bigger)...


My LYS, On the Lamb, has put together The Great American Aran Afghan. It's going to be raffled off to benefit an arts center in Staunton (and yes I have my ticket, DH has his and MIL hers). It was made with by volunteers using yarn donated by Claudia Handpaint.
Volunteers including yours truly who did this square...

The Tipsy Cable Square! (By the way... check out that gorgeous cabled edging!)
An additional volunteer was Marcia from my Tuesday night knit group who did two squares...




Now, I've got to go home and clean the house because somebody is coming to visit for the weekend so that we can go to the Fall Fiber Festival!

psst... Caroline remember, it's THIS weekend not next!

8 comments:

Gigi said...

OMG that is gorgeous! I have a friend who is making that in a class. Each time they meet they work on a new square. She told me the other day that the squares are almost done. Now I cannot wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, that is beautiful! Love the cable edging. Have fun at the FFF. I'm jealous. I'll just go to KW and pout.

Caroline said...

Plans? We had plans?

Marcia said...

The afghan came out so gorgeous! And thanks so much for taking pictures of my squares incorporated into the afghan too!

yarnophiliac said...

That is one SERIOUSLY gorgeous afghan. Wow.

Angie said...

Yay! I'm so glad I got to see the whole finished afghan after seeing individual squares months ago!

Which day are you going to the festival? I wish I could come Saturday, but I'm taking a ceramics class at 3, so that wouldn't really work. Are you going to be there Sunday?

Anonymous said...

The afghan is GORGEOUS!

Agnes said...

The afghan is beautiful! This just reminded me how I enjoyed making mine. The other one I am making is not as much though.