Friday, March 6, 2009

by Kathleen

My Mother informed me today that "there hasn't been any knitting" being shown on my part.


Well! She asked for it...



Here we have (being modeled by my lovely assistant [hey, I haven't shaved in a while but my legs aren't that hairy! {what's the record for the most parentheses inside a parentheses?}])
Noro socks!


I did a small pattern of purl rows and slipped stitches to make bricks and then squares (I changed my mind after the first one) that run (more or less) along the color change. They're easier to see in real life without a flash...



A new sock!

This is the Leyburn pattern. I loved the version that the Harlot did out of her Eye of Jupiter Sereknity yarn... liking the way the bold color worked with the slipped stitch pattern. Knowing I had some bold colored sock yarn of my own...
This is my skein of the Connery colorway (named for me! Whee!) My Mom has made herself a pair of socks from this colorway, I made a pair for my SIL this Christmas (which I haven't been able to get downloaded off the memory card yet), and now it's Caroline's turn... (Maureen, if she ever puts more of this colorway up I promise to get you some too. Oh, and I guess we'd better plan on making Debbie a pair...)




Closeup of the pattern... Ooh... purty.











And two scarves...
The first is a made up pattern consisting of rows of stockinette alternating with rows of eyelet. This is made in two colorways of Brown Sheep's NatureSpun.
















I don't know that I'll keep it as it's really a bit short to wear as a winter scarf and a bit heavy to wear as a decorative scarf. It would be perfect for a child and I know there are a couple of charity drives going on...




















And a Manly Scarf for DH.
Made in Blue Sky Alpaca Bulky in pattern of alternating knit and purl, rows and ribs. It's a free pattern on Shifting Stitches website... check it out... she's got some nice free "Manly Scarf " patterns"



Closeup...



















I'm still sewing the Lizard Ridge squares together, and adding rows to DH's sweater sleeves. Plus I've started something else. Something for me (besides socks) that knits VERY fast and easy...



Tailored Scallops by Ann Budd, from Lace Style. It's being done in Noro Silver Thaw on big needles and it's fun!








And, finally... I got myself a new bag.
This was a HUGE splurge for me... I've never spent this much on a bag before, but I really needed something big enough to handle my knitting and regular purse items that didn't look like a tote bag!
My LYS had a trunk show of Jordana Paige bags, on a good discount that night, and this one said "Buy. Me. Now." Just like that... most emphatically...

















Outside pocket holding keys and cellphone at the ready ( I suppose that those were DPN pockets, but I needed key and cell phone pockets more).







Carrying this bag makes me feel like a real live grownup. It's nicely made and I love the color!

What's that... what does the inside look like? Oh, it's nothing special, it's... no wait... don't touch that don't open up........

AAAHHHHHHHH!!!! knitting explosion!
Well okay it's not that bad, but I have found the limits of this bag... wallet, necessities bag, digital camera, 3 checkbooks, one sock and two sweaters... it is a bit much....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful knitting! Beautiful bag! I love the Noro socks. They'll be my next project, unless I do the ones you and the Harlot did.

Unknown said...

I love the Noro Socks! I really have to purchase some of that. The knitting explosion from that gorgeous bag is quite impressive too.

Anonymous said...

i'm so envise of the bag.i'm such a bag freak.maureen