Sunday, January 27, 2008

Compulsive Much?

Since my first pair of socks, I have not gone long without a sock on the needles. Until this month. What broke the sock fever? The amazing Amanda Hat by Gina! I can make one up in about 6 hours if I don't let anything distract me (darn that work). I so enjoyed making this hat that I decided to make it again and again and again. I also decided to keep it interesting by using a different brand of yarn each time I made it. So here (since I haven't been able to put them onto Ravelry) is my Amanda hat collection:

1st
Lamb's Pride, Forest Shadows
The Yarn & Fiber Company, Windham, NH















2nd
Sheep Shop Yarn Company, G093
Purl Diva, Brunswick, ME















3rd
Lorna's Laces, Bullfrogs & Butterflies
Purl Diva















4th
Patons SWS, Natural Plum
Ewe & Me, Brunswick, ME















I have, in waiting, a skein of Manos (well, 3 actually) for my 5th. I just have to decide which colorway to go with.

I think my favorites (so far), texturewise, have been the Lorna's Laces and the Patons. The Patons SWS, however, was a bit short. I ran out with 5 rounds left and had to buy another skein. All right, I really bought 2 and will probably make a pair of mitts to match. For color, I don't think I could pick a favorite. I started with my usual color choices and then moved onto colors I don't usually pick. And I'm still looking forward to doing Amanda in Malabrigo and maybe Dream in Color. I would like to thank my model, Sam, who loves this hat as much as I do. He went right for the hat the first time he saw it.

I have been working on a few other things but I haven't taken pictures, yet. I am still working on the prayer shawl. I have 2 skeins of Homespun left and can't wait for this to be done. The Amandas have been great breathers during this project. I also knit, from a kit, a beehive baby hat. This is too cute and just needs the bumblebee buttons sewn on. The kit came with smiley plastic bees but I think I would like to find some little pewter ones. I'll get a picture up as soon as I get the buttons on.

And one last picture, my friend Kathy T., finished her 2nd object. Hooray! Modeled by her son Sam, a scarf for another friend. Is it the knitting or the camera that makes him so happy? Mmmmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. The model is so cute, he would make any knitting look good. Of course the Amanda hat is a winner on it's own. Good job! Mom

Toni said...

REALLY cute pictures, but I will resist! No hats--I have a KAL I just joined. I will not be distracted by really adorable hats that are quick to make and use such great colorways......

Gina House said...

OMG...what awesome pictures! I SO LOVE that you're compulsive : P

Anonymous said...

Wonderful hats and Sam is fabulous as usual. Kudos to Kathy on her scarf too. I may be biased as her Sis-in-law!